NetTeller Security TLS 1.2 Upgrade
As of Sunday, January 15, 2017, access to NetTeller will only be available from browsers that support SSL version TLS 1.2. This SSL version offer the most reliable and secure connection to NetTeller. As always, your privacy and security is of the utmost importance to us and we regret any inconvenience this may cause. If you are having difficulty logging into NetTeller, you may need to enable these browsers.
Please note: Windows XP and Windows Vista are only capable of upgrading up to Internet Explorer version 8. Therefore, users of these operating systems using Internet Explore as their browser will not be able to connect to NetTeller. However, you may have the option of loading the latest version of another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Below are instructions for how to enable the required browser on your preferred internet browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click Alt T and select “Internet Options”.
3. Select the "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll down to the "Security" section.
5. Locate and check "Use TLS 1.2".
6. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click Alt F and select “Settings”.
3. Scroll down and select “Show advanced settings…”
4. Scroll down to the Network section and click on “Change proxy settings…”
5. Select the "Advanced" tab.
6. Scroll down to the "Security" section.
7. Locate and check "Use TLS 1.2".
8. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open FireFox
2. Type in “about:config” in the URL bar and press Enter
3. Scroll down to “security.tls.version.max” and press enter
4. Set the value to 3
5. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. Open Opera
2. Click Ctrl+F12
3. Click on “Security”
4. Click on “Security Protocols…”
5. Check on “Enable TLS 1.2”
6. Press the "OK" button.
7. Then, press the "OK" button.
1. There are no options for enabling SSL protocols. If you are using Safari version 7 or greater, TLS 1.2 are automatically enabled.
What if you are using a current browser and still cannot connect?
The following steps will aid in determining the issue you may have with connecting to NetTeller as it relates to this change:
a) Go to https://www.howsmyssl.com and verify what is showing in the “Version” section on this page. If you see verbiage similar to what is below and you verified that you have enabled the TLS 1.2 option in the previous step, this could be an indication of an issue with your machine such as a virus or malware. You will need to troubleshoot whatever issue is causing your machine to not have the ability to make the appropriate changes.
Suggestions for troubleshooting may include:
Do you have a current antivirus and/or malware protection?
• If “yes”, verify the version are current and run a scan. After any issues have been corrected you should try https://www.howsmyssl.com” to verify if the version now shows “Good”, if it does then proceed to verify you can access NetTeller.
• If “no”, you should consider installing a antivirus programs
b) If the results of https://www.howsmyssl.com show that TLS 1.2 is enabled – similar to the verbiage below, and you still cannot connect to NetTeller, we will need to contact Galaxy Network Services for further research. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further research, provide your Operating System, Browser, Version # and any details on what issue you are having when trying to connect.