Membership ServicesYour Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that exists to provide a broad range of financial services to its members. The credit union is owned by its members.
We charge fewer fees, offer higher dividend rates on share accounts, and lower loan interest rates than most banks. Earnings are invested back into the credit union in the form of free or low cost products and services after provision for reserves.
To use our services you must become a member.
Who is eligible for membership?
- Current and retired members, officers, and employees of the Federal Reserve Board;
- Current and retired employees of Federal Reserve Banks
- Officers & employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection.
- Employees of contractors who work regularly at the Federal Reserve Board offices in Washington, D.C.;
- Officers & employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection;
- Employees of the credit union;
- Members' immediate family or households, including spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren, as well as adoptive children, stepchildren, domestic partners, and permanent members of the household ; and
- Organizations of eligible members.
How long is my membership?
Your membership is lifelong unless you chose to sever it. However, eligibility to rejoin the credit union ceases if you leave your employment without prior membership.
How to apply for membership?
It's easy! All it takes is a $25 share to open your account, then follow the steps below and you're on your way to having access to all the benefits and services we have to offer.
To become a member you must first fill out our Membership Application (PDF)
Make a copy of your state ID and SSN card.
- If you don't feel comfortable with sending the above information by mail, you can fill out our Identity Verification (PDF) form. This form requires a notary seal.
- Write a check out to you or FRB Federal Credit Union; if you wish to set up a payroll direct deposit, indicate it on the application and you will be contacted with all the necessary account information.
Will you be adding a joint member? If so, any joint applicant not employed by the Federal Reserve System is required to fill out our Identity Verification (PDF) form.
- Mail them to FRB Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 9867 Washington, D.C. 20016 with a $25 check made out to you or the FRB Federal Credit Union.
- Or mail your application through the Federal Reserve Systems interoffice mail, to FRB Federal Credit Union, Washington D.C. Stop-117.
Download Our Membership Booklet:
Inside our Membership Booklet:
- Membership and Account Agreement
- Funds Availability Policy
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Agreement and Disclosure
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure
- Privacy Notice Disclosure
What to expect?
Once your application is received and processed, we will contact you with your account information, NetTeller account access password and all other account information you will need.
Membership Application (PDF)
Identity Verification (PDF)
Custodial Designation (PDF)
Agency Designation (PDF)